Take a Video Tour with us!
Our Mission Statement
Offer the best products, classes, and services, provide exceptional customer care, and share our passion for quilting.
Our Values Statement
Professionalism: We are committed to quality and take pride in our work, our products, and our services.
Integrity: We are honest, open, ethical, sincere, and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word and to be dependable.
Knowledge: We pride ourselves on our quilting knowledge, respect the expertise of others, share our knowledge with others, and foster continuous education about the art of quilting.
Respect: We respect our co-workers and our customers. We show respect by being helpful, providing excellent service, and exhibiting kindness and regard for the values and beliefs of all.
Creativity: We are passionate about the art of quilting. Sharing our creativity and passion with co-workers and customers creates a richer environment for us all.
Cary Quilting Company opened its doors as a natural extension of Owner Julianne Walther's first business. Patchwork Memories was a custom quilt-making business, where a talented staff created thousands of t-shirt quilts, memory quilts, and other commissioned items from 2006 to 2015.
It was a natural fit and simple transition to begin sharing the love of fabric and quilting with other quilters by founding Cary Quilting Company. A large selection of fabric, tools, notions, and patterns await quilters. Classes and longarm quilting services are important parts of how we share quilting with our community.
We relocated the shop from our original historic home in downtown Cary to a larger space full of natural light about a mile north, in the Northwoods Market Center on Harrison Avenue in Cary.
We took over two adjacent spaces in Northwords Market to expand our shop from 4,100 square feet to 6,000 square feet. Now, we have a dedicated Meeting Center where classes and outside rentals take place, and a dedicated Longarm Quilting area.
Our Awards and Recognition
2023: Gold winner for Best Specialty Store, Bronze winner for Best Customer Service. "Raleigh's Best" Awards
2023: Cover Quilt for the All Carolinas Shop Hop Magazine
2023: ByAnnie Local Quilt Shop Contest: NC winner, 4th place nationally
2022: Quilt Sampler Magazine "Top Shop"
2021: Cover Quilt for the All Carolinas Shop Hop Magazine
2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, & 2018: Best of the Triangle: Best Fabric Shop, IndyWeek Magazine
- 1995: Frustrated with garment sewing, Julianne grabbed a "Teach Yourself to Quilt" book, made her first quilt, and never looked back!
- 2005: Julianne started her professional quilting journey with a small business called Patchwork Memories (closed in 2015), which specialized in creating t-shirt quilts and memory quilts from clothing.
- 2007: Julianne won a small business grant from the Women Business Owner's Network of Cary.
- 2013: She founded and opened Cary Quilting Company in Cary, NC.
- 2018: She was the recipient of the year-long Athena of the Triangle PowerLink program candidacy.
- 2019: She became a professional quilt appraiser.
- 2020: Julianne and her husband Justin opened the Retreat at Lake Gaston for quilters and crafters.
- 2022: Julianne began judging regional quilt shows.
- 2023: Julianne published her first book: Portrait Art Quilts: From Photos to Fabric
She is a 25-year member of the Capital Quilters Guild in Raleigh, NC. She's also a 21-year member of the Piecemeal Quilters Bee. She has created thousands of quilts over the years, including many for charity.
Her quilts have been in competitions and displays all over, including at the prestigious International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX, The American Quilter's Society Quilt Week in Des Moines, IA, Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, UK, Road to California Quilters Conference and Showcase, and in a collection of art during a presidential inauguration in Washington, DC.
Julianne is a loving wife of Justin, and proud mother of 4 terrific young adults Harrison, Drew, Bryce and Avery.
When she's not quilting or working, she likes to stay active and play with the family dogs.
Cary Quilting Company employs 24 talented women who all share their love of quilting with each other and with our customers. Many have been quilting for decades, and our combined knowledge base and experience is truly amazing.
We enjoy gathering for staff appreciation events often.