Longarm Quilting at Cary Quilting Company
We proudly provide Longarm Machine Quilting services at Cary Quilting Company. We would be honored to quilt for you!
Meet our quilters!
Julianne Walther, Owner, has been quilting for over 22 years, and has been operating longarm quilting machines since 2006. She enjoys the quilting process and adding the "icing to your cakes"!
Linda Hunt, Longarm Quilting Manager, has been quilting for several years. Linda loves to quilt and enjoys exploring new quilting patterns.
Christy Baldridge, Longarm Quilting Associate, has been quilting for 8 years. She enjoys supporting the quilting community by turning their design visions into reality.
Katherine Setzer, Longarm Quilting Associate, started quilting in Heidelberg, Germany in 2009. She loves seeing the variety of quilts that come through the shop and would love to help you finish your latest masterpieces!
Our quilting machines are Betty and Wilma, and they enjoy humming along and quilting all day long!
What do you offer?
- We operate two APQS Millenium Quilting Machines (Betty and Wilma), each with her own Intelliquilter Computerized Quilting System to create beautiful, high quality quilting designs on your quilts.
- We offer edge-to-edge designs in hundreds of patterns. If we don't own the perfect quilting design for you, we will happily add it to our collection for a small fee.
- Most quilting designs are priced at $0.02 per square inch. In some cases, the design you choose may be a little more expensive based on quilting density or pattern size, but we won't surprise you! Our minimum quilting cost is $45 per quilt. No payment is due until your quilt is completed.
- We offer several types of batting, sold by the inch
- We offer a large selection of wide backing fabrics
- Quilt trimming services are available for $0.05 per linear inch
- Double machine sewn binding is $0.30 per linear inch
- Machine sewn binding to one side only is $0.20 per linear inch
Longarm Quilting Calendar
This is the calendar that we use to schedule your quilting services. Please note that these quilting dates may change, based on quilting time, quilter availability, and other factors. We will always contact you when your quilt is completed, but while your quilt is with us, this calendar may be used to check where you are on our schedule.
All quilting occurs at our Cary, NC location. With our shop expansion in April of 2018, the quilting area got its own dedicated area of the shop with our shop. We are excited about the new space, and about making less quilting noise in the main shop.
Come visit us anytime the shop is open! Our quilters are here during our open hours Monday through Saturday, but they take Sundays off.
If you are mailing your quilt top and backing to us, please send it with insurance and tracking to:
Cary Quilting Company
Attention: Longarm Quilting Team
935 North Harrison Avenue
Cary, NC 27513
Why choose longarm quilting?
Longarm quilting provides a professional finish to any quilt top.
If you’re creating a particularly large quilt, you may find it hard to work with such a large piece on your home sewing machine.
Another great reason to consider longarm quilting is time – these machines save quilting preparation time. There’s no need to baste when using a longarm service because we load all three layers onto the machine separately. If you’re short on space for basting, then you can certainly benefit from longarm quilting.
There are literally hundreds of beautiful quilting pattern options, and you're sure to find the perfect pattern for your quilt top. Stitching out these designs on your home machine would be difficult, if not impossible, to create free-hand!
Some people love piecing or appliqué, but the fun of quilting disappears when they consider finishing the project. Let us finish it for you! In addition to quilting services, we also offer quilt trimming and binding services.
There are many advantages to choosing longarm quilting, particularly if you’re short on time (and who isn’t?). If you don’t have the confidence or patience to quilt on your home machine, allowing a professional to quilt for you may be a great option. We would love to quilt for you!
Quilt for me, please!
- First things first! Please read this Preparation Page to make sure your quilt is in perfect quilting shape! Now...
- You may choose to bring your quilt and meet with us. To arrive during our quilters' hours, the shop's phone number is (919) 238-9739. You can pre-complete the form below, or complete it at the shop.
- To place a "drop off" quilting order, quilts may be dropped off during shop hours. Please complete the Order Form online. Don't worry, we will get a copy of it in email! We will confirm all details with you before beginning.
- Not local? Mail it to us! Complete the Order Form online, and then mail your quilt top and backing to us at the shop. Remember to insure and track your package! We will confirm all details with you before beginning. To return your quilt to you, we will charge you actual costs for shipping with insurance and tracking via FedEx. Because we care about your quilt, we won't send it back to you without insurance and tracking.
- Questions? Call us at the shop or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org