Video Tutorials for "The Octopus One"
Posted on June 11 2020
We thought you might enjoy a few tutorials to help you create our Quliters Trek project, The Octopus One. Patterns are free in the shop from June 21st - September 8th, and kits are available in the shop and online while supplies last.
We have broken this tutorial into several videos, so you can watch just what you need:
1. Preparing fabrics for backround pieced blocks:
2. Stitching and cutting:
3. Ironing the half-square triangles:
4. Trimming the half-square triangles:
5. Creating a quarter square triangle for the block center:
6. Tracing and applying fusible products for machine applique:
7. Tips for larger shapes with fusible applique:
8. FInishing up your block:
Arrange your 4 blocks into a row like this:
Or into a square like this!
Purchase your "The Octopus One" kits (while supplies last) by clicking HERE.