Cary Quilting Company is 10! Celebrate with us and WIN!
Posted on January 02 2023
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DATES OF SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01am Eastern Time (“CT”) on January 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59pm ET on January 31, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence (which is nineteen (19) in Alabama, Nebraska, twenty-one (21) in Mississippi, and eighteen (18) in all other states) as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). Void outside of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter:
(i) PURCHASE: Entrants making a purchase (of any amount) at Cary Quilting Company, either online or in-person during the Sweepstakes Period receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per transaction. A maximum of 100 entries during the Sweepstakes Period are allowable using this method.
(ii) WRITE-IN: On a postcard or a card that is no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼ x 6 inches, legibly handwrite your complete name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and date of birth and mail with proper postage to: Cary Quilting Company, attention January Sweepstakes, 935 N Harrison Ave, Cary, NC 27513. All write-in entries must be postmarked by January 27, 2023 and received by January 31, 2023. Entries received during the weekly challenges will be eligible for the next $100 weekly gift card giveaway, as well as the $1,000 gift card giveaway. There is a limit of one (1) write-in entry per envelope/postcard. Each envelope/postcard is considered one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Write-in entries must contain all entry fields outlined above; otherwise, they are void and will not be eligible to win.
Sponsor is not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, human error, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. A maximum of 100 entries during the Sweepstakes Period are allowable using this method.
4. DRAWING/ODDS. On 1/5/23, 1/12/23, 1/19/23, 1/26/23, and 2/2/23, prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
To be eligible to receive a prize, all Entrants must have an email address on file with the Sponsor.
GRAND PRIZES: One (1) grand prize will be awarded consisting of a Cary Quilting Company gift card in the amount of $1,000 (a “Grand Prize”). Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Grand Prizes is $1,000.
FIRST PRIZES: Four (4) first prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a Cary Quilting Company gift card in the amount of $100 (each a “First Prize”). Total ARV of all First Prizes is $400.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $1,400.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. All prizes are non-transferable or assigned and no substitutions or cash redemptions; except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. All Cary Quilting Company gift card terms and conditions apply to the use of the prizes, and are incorporated herein by reference. Each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on his/her income. No more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Potential prize winners consent to the use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, and voice in advertising worldwide without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a Publicity Release as a condition of winning a prize).
Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by email on or about February 2, 2023 (the “Notification”). Grand Prize winners must respond to Notification within 5 business days of the Sponsor’s first Notification. In the event the Potential Prize Winner fails to respond to the Notification within 5 business days of the Sponsor’s first Notification to the potential winner or if it is determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, that a potential Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, an alternate Prize Winner will be selected at random from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The value associated with the Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor must report the value of the Grand Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099.
Potential First Prize winners be notified by email and/or phone within 5 days of the prize drawing (the “Notification”). First Prize winners must respond to Notification within 5 business days of the Sponsor's first Notification. In the event the Potential Prize Winner fails to respond to the Notification within 5 business days of the Sponsor’s first Notification to the potential winner or if it is determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, that a potential Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, an alternate Prize Winner will be selected at random from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The value associated with the First Prize is taxable as income and the First Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the First Prize. The Sponsor must report the value of the First Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the First Prize is received by the First Prize winner and will be reported to the First Prize winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099.
Potential First Prize winners winning a First Prize will receive the Prize via email address on file with the Sponsor. In the event the First Prize is returned, the address is insufficient or incomplete, or undeliverable for any reason, the First Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate First Prize winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. If the alternate First Prize winner’s First Prize is returned, the address is insufficient or incomplete for shipping purposes, or undeliverable for any reason, the alternate First Prize winner will be disqualified and the First Prize will be awarded to another non-winning elibigle entrant. No compensation will be provided for any prizes that are not able to be awarded to a prize winner.
8. CONDITIONS. This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants and prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any Entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of Entrants. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants, and prize winners release the Sponsor from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the receipt or use/misuse of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, death or property damage. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (c) are obtained where prohibited, or (d) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use prize winners' names, addresses (city & state), voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity, for this Sweepstakes only, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
9. NO LIABILITY: By participating, Entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any Entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
11. WINNERS LIST. To obtain a full list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by February 10th, 2023 to: Cary Quilting Company, attention January Sweepstakes Winners List, ℅ Julianne Walther, Owner, 935 N Harrison Ave, Cary, NC 27513.
12. SPONSOR. Cary Quilting Company, Inc., 935 N Harrison Ave, Cary, NC 27513.