2021 Challenging Fabric Challenge
We see (literally) tons of fabric from our fabric reps each year. Sometimes they are gorgeous and we order them, and sometimes, they just need your creative spirit to bring out their beauty.
We recently found a fabric that was so ... challenging, that we had to have it - for YOU, of course!
And now, the 5th annual Cary Quilting Company Challenging Fabric Quilt Challenge is ready to go! On August 1st, we have sealed bags - all containing the same *perfect* fabric, for you to use! If you purchase a bag, fabric sight unseen, here is your mission:
- You must use at least ¼ yard (half of what you have here) of the challenging fabric in a quilt. (More may be available if you just can’t get enough – email Julianne to find out).
- Your quilt must be totally completed by October 31, 2021.
- When your quilt is completed, please send a few good pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a little statement about your quilt – think of what inspired you, what you were thinking of when you made it, how you incorporated your fabric, etc. We love puns, too! Your photos will be the ones that we use on the voting website, so take your time, find good light, and highlight the best aspects of your quilt.
- Your quilt will go into a Challenging Fabric Quilt Viewer’s Choice Challenge, which will be online only. The viewer’s choice challenge winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) will win gift cards to the shop ($25, $10, and $5, respectively).
- We will share the voting link in early November, so you can share it with your friends and family for the voting period.
If you play along, please don’t share any photos or let your friends see your challenging fabric until all of the grab bags have been sold – it’s only fair to those who might become your competitors! If you need to shop for fabrics to make your challenging fabric sing, just peek it out of your bag quietly.
This is a fun way to push yourself to do something unexpected and new - the only risk is whether you are brave enough to choose a bag and open it up! :)
This fabric needs you!
Buy your Challenging Fabric bag here while supplies last.
We would love to feature some of these quilts on our Meeting Center walls in November through December! Please consider allowing us to display your quilt.