Julianne Walther - Bio
- 1995: Frustrated with garment sewing, Julianne grabbed a "Teach Yourself to Quilt" book, made her first quilt, and never looked back!
- 2005: Julianne started her professional quilting journey with a small business called Patchwork Memories (closed in 2015), specializing in creating t-shirt quilts and memory quilts from clothing.
- 2007: Julianne won a small business grant from the Women Business Owner's Network of Cary.
- 2013: She founded and opened Cary Quilting Company in Cary, NC.
- 2018: She was the recipient of the year-long Athena of the Triangle PowerLink program candidacy.
- 2019: She became a professional quilt appraiser.
- 2020: Julianne and her husband Justin opened the Retreat at Lake Gaston for quilters and crafters.
- 2022: Julianne began judging regional quilt shows.
She is a 25-year member of the Capital Quilters Guild in Raleigh, NC. She's also a 21-year member of the Piecemeal Quilters Bee. She has created thousands of quilts over the years, including many for charity.
Her quilts have been in competitions and displays all over, including at the prestigious International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX, The American Quilter's Society Quilt Week in Des Moines, IA, the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, UK, and in a collection of art during a presidential inauguration in Washington, DC.
Julianne is a loving wife of Justin, and proud mother of 4 terrific young adults Harrison, Drew, Bryce and Avery.
When she's not quilting or working, she likes to stay active and hang out with the family dogs.
Find Julianne's active class listings here.