Hand Applique Class with Kim
Instructor: Kim Zebrowski
Read Kim's bio here
Skill level: Beginner
Maximum enrollment: 8
In this class, you will learn basic Hand Applique preparation and sewing techniques. You may bring your own pattern (Ex. Blowing in the Wind) to work with or use Kim's small sample as your practice piece.
There are many ways to prep your pieces before sewing your applique by hand.
- Freezer paper to help with needle turn applique
- Freezer paper and Best Press Starch to turn the edges prior to sewing the piece down
- Apliquik interfacing and Glue Stick (with or without the tools) to turn the edges prior to sewing the piece down.
- Circles – can be done with any of the above techniques or AppliPops tools or Karen Kay Buckley Perfect Circles.
- Bias Stems using Clover Bias Tape makers
Kim will be demonstrating all the above techniques at the beginning of class so you can try any or all of them yourself. She will also show you how to sew the pieces to your backgrounds using small hidden stitches.
Kim will provide: Bias tape makers, Apliquick tools, AppliPops, and Perfect Circles for you to try.
Simply add the class to your cart, check out and we'll e-mail your class confirmation and supply list!
If you need to cancel your class registration, we require 24 hours' notice to transfer to another class or receive a refund in the form of a store gift card.