2020 Quilt Challenges
Posted on November 05 2019
We are offering 4 Quilt Challenges in 2020!
You, if you would like to challenge yourself and have your quilt displayed at CQC.
Choose 1, 2, 3, or all 4 challenges in 2020, create a quilt within the challenge theme and have it displayed at Cary Quilting Company.
Challenges will run throughout 2020 - see the details below.
Make them at home, then display them for all to see at the shop.
Challenging yourself has never been so much fun!
The year 2020 only comes around once, and for us it's all about vision! This year's themes are as follows:
20/20 Vision: Seeing Clearly
quilts due 1/31/20, to be displayed in February 2020
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
quilts due 4/30/20, to be displayed in May 2020
Bird's Eye View
quilts due 7/31/20, to be displayed in August 2020
quilts due 11/30/20, to be displayed in December 2020
- Quilts can be any size, though quilts larger than 50" x 50" may not be displayed in their full size, for example, we may need to fold them.
- Quilts can be newly made for the challenge or up to two years old, and must fit into the challenge themes to be displayed.
- Quilts must be labeled on the back for entry to ensure ownership and accurate returns.
- There are only 20 entries per challenge, so choose quickly and wisely!
- Each person may enter each challenge once, as space permits.
- There is no charge associated with the challenge, and no cash prize associated.
- Your quilt is insured while it is in our shop, and we will ask you to sign a form when you drop it off acknowledging that we have possession of them for display.
- If you sign up for a spot and decide you cannot create a quilt to enter into the challenge, kindly let us know so another quilter may take your space.